Tick-tock

I'm sitting on a three-legged stool, 
twiddling my thumbs as the pendulum swings back and forth, 
back and forth. 
And the clock ticks and tocks, 
ticks and tocks.

Time is a funny thing,
swinging and swaying with no real rhythm or pattern
But we give it one.
A pattern,
and measure by numbers what's immeasurable.

When was the last time you laid in the grass without a blanket?
Or climbed a tree in a dress?
Do you spend all day outside
even if it's raining and cold?

Still sitting on the three legged stool,
the pendulum swings back and forth,
back and forth,
counting the seconds 
while I twiddle my thumbs.

I've been up to a whole bunch lately, thus my extended absence. For now my sister Amber has started a blog of her own. Feel free to click on her name and say hello if you have the time. 

Comments

  1. Yes, time has its own rhythm which we try to regulate to no avail. Enjoyed your poem. Been awhile since I climbed a tree in a dress! :o) Thanks so much! "Do you spend all day outside even if it's raining and cold?" omg--I used to do this--miss it brought tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I'm glade you enjoyed it. I've been remembering a lot about childhood lately. I always used to do things. I didn't care if I got dirty, if it was stupid and dangerous. I just did it, and it and the universe cushioned my fall. I'm going to strive to be more like a kid again in the next few years.

      Delete
  2. Good for you! Don't climb too high, though! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kiki's Delivery Service (Inspiration)

The importance of taking a break

Editing is a painfully slow process... at least for me